Health Sachet No 306:
You may have heard of type 1 and type 2 diabetes. But have you heard of Type 3 Diabetes?
In fact, more than 50% of you are already suffering from it for years, and perhaps have noticed some of its symptoms, but you thought they were a part of normal ageing process.
Soon, though, those symptoms can become irreversible. Interestingly, it will take only a few weeks of effort to reverse the situation before it becomes permanent. Ignorance is not bliss, in this case.
Welcome to the modern epidemic of Type 3 Diabetes: also known as Alzheimer’s Disease.
Read the brilliantly explained and fascinating article:
• Alzheimer’s was thought to be because of age and family history. But modern science finds insulin resistance to be the main cause of it.
• With insulin resistance, your brain cells cannot get insulin, and start dying.
• Your brain’s memory centre, called Hippocampus, cannot store fresh memories in the absence of this insulin. So you remember old memories but forget recent events.
• Diabetes is insulin resistance of body; Alzheimer’s is insulin resistance of brain. Same cause; different mechanisms!
• By the time you notice any memory loss, your hippocampus has shrunk by 10% and brain glucose metabolism has reduced by 25%. Alzheimer’s sets in years before you notice any signs of memory loss.
• If you do not have insulin resistance (the article tells you how to know that), go off refined carbohydrates such as sugar, flour, and juices.
• if you have insulin resistance, reduce all your carbohydrate intake, including complex carbohydrates.
• If you have mild memory loss, you can improve your memory in just six weeks by eating high-fat, low-carb diet.
It is not your DNA but your diet that will protect you from Alzheimer’s.